The new Paper Doll silhouettes have a completely different contemporary, fashion-forward look and will debut Friday, Sept. 28.
The first opportunity to see all of the new paper dolls will be at Pink Day at Chick-fil-a, the annual breast cancer awareness event held at the Dwarf House, Shorter Avenue. Beginning at 6 a.m., Floyd staff members, including representatives of The Breast Center and Floyd’s Breast Health Advocates, will hand out breast health awareness materials to customers.
Visitors to the Dwarf House that morning will see the new Paper Dolls and learn more about breast health awareness and breast cancer prevention.
Floyd has introduced a new silhouette each year since opening The Breast Center to promote awareness. Last year, the Paper dolls rose to a new level of prominence in a community-wide effort to further the breast health message. Rather than add another silhouette this year, Floyd has decided to retire the pink and green female silhouettes used in past years and introduce a new series.
Floyd has planned a month-long observance of Breast Cancer Awareness, beginning with a special Vera Bradley show on Thursday, Sept. 27. Joan Reedy, the daughter of Vera Bradley, will be at Bella Luna, 15 E. Third St., from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. for a special Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser and sale. Proceeds from the event will benefit The Breast Center at Floyd.
The complete list of scheduled awareness and fundraising events include arts and crafts fairs and a 5K road race and health walk:
- Sept. 27 – Vera Bradley Event at Bella Luna, 15 E. Third St., 4 - 7 p.m.
- Sept. 28 – Pink Day at Chick-fil-a Dwarf House, 264 Shorter Ave., 6 - 10 a.m.
- Sept. 29 – Arts and Crafts Fair and Silent Auction at Tony E. Warren M.D. Cancer Center, 255 W. Fifth St., 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Oct. 6 – Cedartown Fall Festival in downtown Cedartown, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Oct. 6 – Sum-Nelly Festival at Dowdy Park in Summerville, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Oct. 13 – Three Rivers Run 5K and Health Walk at the Floyd Corporate Support Center, 8 - 10 a.m.
- Oct. 16 – Taste of Home Cooking School at The Forum, 2 Government Plaza, 6 - 9 p.m.
- Oct. 20 – Motorcycle Fun Day at Oak Hill Church of Christ, Martha Berry Boulevard, Rome, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Oct. 27-28 – Chiaha Harvest Fair at Ridge Ferry Park, Riverside Parkway, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Nov. 3 – Dragon Fest at Pepperell Primary School in Lindale, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Nov. 3 – Shorter University Border Battle for Breast Cancer Softball Tournament at Alto Park Softball Complex, 1014 Burnett Ferry Road.