According to Capt. Roger Haggard of the Rome-Floyd County Fire Department:
A mobile home on the property behind 126 Holbrook Drive caught fire around 7 p.m. after an unattended trash fire spread.
In addition to damaging a room inside the mobile home, the fire spread into the woods beyond the residence, where it was extinguished by firefighters.
Paul Randall Lee Duncan was the only one at home when the fire started.
Duncan, who said he was watching a movie when he started smelling smoke, said he believes an ember from the fire may have blown under his residence.