If your child is participating in a Georgia Lottery funded Pre-K program, forms have been sent to all Pre-K programs and made available to parents through those programs. Students in the Pre-K program have or will be screened for Kindergarten while participating in the school or private daycare Pre-K program and will not be required to attend the screening held on March 28.
For those children not currently enrolled in a Pre-K program, please bring your child to participate in a screening on Thursday, March 28. No appointment is necessary. The screening instrument the children will be given will involve basic questions related to alphabet, number and shape recognition. For parents of a child not currently enrolled in a Pre-K program, it is very important to make arrangements to attend the Kindergarten screening at the school in your district. The Kindergarten pre-registration helps the school know how many students to expect in the fall. Participation in the screening also gives parents an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about what they can do to help their child prepare for Kindergarten during the summer.
- A parent needs to accompany a child attending the screening on March 28.
- The parent and child should attend the screening at the school in their district.
- An official birth certificate for the child will be required to register.
- The child's social security card or number will be needed (this is optional with a completed waiver.)
- Proof of residency also will be required. A current utility bill may be used for this purpose.
Parents should bring immunization and eye/ear/dental screening certificates, but these are not mandatory the day of the pre-registration and screening. These immunizations and health screenings must be completed by the first day of school on Monday, August 5, 2013.
Click here to read additional press releases on RN-T.com.